Our 8 Priority Focus Areas:
Ujima Way, Inc. has identified 8 distinct priority areas that will be the focus of its technical support and innovative service delivery. These focus areas represent a broad range of community challenges we are committed to address in a meaningful way. The greater portion of our funding and technical support efforts will go towards these causes and also be distributed among our member and affiliate agencies who are doing outstanding work in these areas:
- UW Outreach & Residential: Providing technical and financial support to vulnerable homeless youth and elderly populations
- UW Publishing: Innovative and relevant curricula and program materials created by authors who know the urban population. Support will be given to help validate such works with proper research backing to garner the evidenced-based/research-based seals of approval
- UW Innovation & Technology: Investing in technological innovations in such areas as application development, drone piloting, coding, and STEM education in a manner that encourages and supports urban youth to thrive in the technological arena
- UW Youth Enrichment: Supporting after-school, summer, mentoring, enrichment and sports programs for school aged youth
- UW High Risk: Holistic support, programs and services given to pioneering mental health, substance abuse, prevention, intervention, diversion and re-entry initiatives serving court involved youth and young adults
- UW Entrepreneurial: Support to proven programs that inspire, promote and develop youth entrepreneurs and small minority businesses.
- UW Media: Support to creative and conscious media entities and record labels that promote positive messages to entertain, educate, empower and uplift people.
- UW S.W.A.T. Specialized Ways and Tactics: Two years of specialized and targeted support to strategically and methodically attack one significant community problem.